Wed, 28 June 2006
Up a Paddle - Episode 13 - Truth, Justice and the Paddle Way
This week is all about Big Blue, Superman.
Currently in the process of making Up a Paddle and Kentcer.com products at Cafe Press
Send in slogans to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated http://www.kentcer.com/nucleus, now renders properly in IE
- Someone signed email@example.com to Google anime alerts. Thanks I guess
- Good News Everybody - For real this time - Futurama brought back for 13 episodes
- Venture Bros Season 2 premiered last Sunday
- Street Fighter 2 being re-released uncut. Groovy.
- Digg 3.0 released
Dolphins sleep with one eye open
Random Musing - Who would win in a fight
Superman vs Batman
Superman vs Goku
Superman vs The Incredible Hulk
Batman vs Chuck Norris
The life span of a taste bud is ten days.
All about Superman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman)
- Movies (Superman 1-4)
- Max Fleisher Cartoons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_%281940s_cartoons%29)
Go to http://kentcer.com/nucleus, where I'm gathering all 16 currently on youtube for your viewing pleasure
For more examples of racist, sexist Superman, see http://superdickery.com
The less said, the better (see http://seanbaby.com for more Superfriends stuff)
- Superman - The Animated Series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_The_Animated_Series)
- Justice League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_%28TV_series%29)
- Smallville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallville_%28TV_series%29)
- Comics Recommendations
Kingdom Come (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come_%28comic%29)
Red Son (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman:_Red_Son)
The pound sign # is called anoctothorpe.
Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon with his left foot first.
A salute to Bibbo Bibbowski, a lesser known character in the pantheon of superman's supporting characters.
Random Fact (accidentally left out of the podcast)
The left leg of a chicken in more tender than the right one.
- I'm running out of podcasts that I listen to regularly. Please email if you have any suggestions.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a promo
Brother Love - There she goes again
podcast blog: http://upapaddle.libsyn.com
regular blog: http://www.kentcer.com/nucleus
Skype id: upapaddle
Direct download: Up_a_Paddle_-_Episode_13_-_Truth_Justice_and_the_Paddle_Way.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 1:05 AM
Thu, 22 June 2006
Up a Paddle - Episode 12 - Dattebayo (Believe It!)
In this week's episode I announce the Podcast Pickle (http://www.podcastpickle.com) contest winners, and I talk about Bill Gates,
Care Bears, Naruto, Bleach and more!
Podcast Pickle Contest Winners Announced
- Bob and Scott come on down!
The Napkin Strategy
The next time you are out at an establishment with napkins, leave one with the following message:
For a good time go to http://upapaddle.libsyn.com
Email , Awesome!
- Links not working at http://upapaddle.libsyn.com
- Also had two reviews on Podcast Pickle, very favorable
Comment on the blog
-How do you know about that microwave story?
All elephants walk on tip-toe, because the back portion of their foot is made up of all fat and no bone.
- Bill Gates Stepping down from day to day operations to do more work at his charity foundation
- Carolina Hurricanes beat Edmonton Oilers in game 7 to win the Stanley Cup
The province of Alberta in Canada has been completely free of rats since 1905.
- What exactly is the Care Bear Stare?
"Babe" was played by over 48 pigs.
I explain Shonen Anime with Dragonball Z as an example and then review Naruto and Bleach.
The word "lethologica" describes the state of not being able to remember the word you want.
Filler Arcs and Ice Tea delicious but deadly
You can tell a girl crab from a boy crab by their stomachs. A girl has a beehive and a boy has a lighthouse.
More Pirate Jokes
The Moon Masters
Rocket Science By Brain Buckit
* Also, Dattebayo is a catch phrase Naruto is always saying at the ends of his sentences. It was translated as "Believe It" in the
English dub. The more you know!
As always, email me at email@example.com, visit the website (http://upapaddle.libsyn.com) and visit my blog at http://www.kentcer.com/nucleus
Direct download: Up_a_Paddle_-_Episode_12_-_Dattebayo_Believe_It.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 1:28 AM
Wed, 14 June 2006
Up a Paddle - Episode 11 - Grab your water wings (Adult Swim Episode)
I guess I don't have listeners. 15 listeners last week (I think partially due to the weblogs.com not being pinged properly) + stats haven't been updated since yesterday. But interestingly enough,
my old episodes are still getting downloaded. Of course one listener looking for video + black + sluts is going to be sorely
Email and Comments
- Read response for JamesPod (http://www.jameswhittingham.com)
- Going to run contest one more week. So far, one entrant. Looks like he'll get Cromartie High School vol 4 (unopened and everything).
Go to http://upapaddle.libsyn.com and click on the Pickle Me button or go to http://www.podcastpickle.com to vote
- Pogonophobia is the fear of beards.
- Original Trilogy of Star wars dvd's to be straight rips from Laserdiscs, not the cleaned up versions made in 2004
- DS Lite Launched in North America
- Rumor - Apple to Buy Nintendo
- Duke Nukem Forever developers offered $500,000 bonus to finish by end of this year.
Polar bear fur is not white, it's clear. Unless it's on drugs. Then it's purple
Random Musings - Or things that keep me up at night
A debate akin to the age old quandry (Pirates vs Ninjas)
- Are Smurfs Mammals or Insects
The Les Nessman character on the TV series WKRP in Cincinnati wore a band-aid in every episode. Either on himself, his glasses, or his clothing.
Adult Swim. Everybody, get out of the pool.
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
Rant - Two for 1 today
- Live action shows on teletoon/adult swim
- Rant/Conspiracy Theory Corner - George Lucas hates Star Wars (specifically - the fans)
The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
- Public Service Announcment - Scurvy - the Silent Killer
Ticking Timebomb by Demerit 7
Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, comment at http://upapaddle.libsyn.com or Skype me using SkypeID upapaddle
Also, please check out my blog at http://www.kentcer.com/nucleus
Direct download: Up_a_Paddle_-_Episode_11_-_Grab_your_Water_Wings_Were_Going_to_the_Deep_End.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 12:54 AM
Wed, 7 June 2006
Up a Paddle - Episode 10 - I actually have listeners? Really? Nifty!
* Had to re-upload since it stopped half way through the first time. Apologies to the two people that got only half an episode.
Do you think you will ever review books during your webcast?
- Revising the contest slightly. Not trying to get into top 100 - sounds like it would require upwards of 50 votes.
Just want some votes. No one will win if no one enters. Enter by voting for Up a Paddle at Podcast Pickle.
Pirate Bay (http://www.thepiratebay.org/) raided - Back up now
4 Villans for Spiderman 3
The symbol for the "pound" key (#) is called an octothorpe.
Conspiracy Theory Corner
Do people actually listen to this podcast
Mr. Snuffleupagas' first name was Alyoisus.
Link to explanation of Phoenix Saga
-Hare + Guu
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (The Jungle was nice, then along came Guu)
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
Construction. Also gas prices.
Some reasons pirates be better than filthy ninjas
Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
- Anime World Order
Wednesday Morning by Slackstring
Direct download: Up_a_Paddle_-_Episode_10_-_I_actually_have_listeners_question_mark_.mp3
Category:podcasts -- posted at: 2:11 AM